Lack of Focus?

 

I am weary and frustrated at my lack of technical precision in my latest photographs.
I am bored because I am house-bound, sick of photographing produce from my fridge, and definitely not interested in doing any more self-portraits for at least a little while (although my REAL ring-flash may be arriving at my doorstep tomorrow... and i'll want to practice with it of course!!)
So, there is a strong chance that I may have to whip out the old sewing machine.

I don't want to get burnt out with the camera and 365, so if I focus some of my creativity in a place other than the camera I may be able to break out of my funk.
(of course I will still be continuing my 365, just with less pressure). Does that make sense?
 
One of the things that's driving me nuts with photography at this moment is WHY THE HELL CAN'T I FOCUS???
I'm shooting with a tripod.
I'm shooting handheld.
I'm shooting manually.
With auto-focus, and focusing manually.
Fast shutter speeds.
Even high ISO's
I'm doing all these things!

Look at these apples for Pete's sake: they aren't moving, so it's not like when I'm trying to shoot my busy little girl and all I'm getting is blur.

My fave photogs on the internet use lightroom and photoshop. I've got PSE6 :c (
They have these amazing photos where the subject virtually pops off the screen.
Take a look at some of the beautiful photographs of Indiana Photographer Leah Profancik

that is what i want to achieve. Bright, vivid, crisp shots that pop. I "think" I know what these pros are using, but I'm not 100% sure.

Another thing I'm curious to learn is Lightroom.
I can't quite wrap my head around why Photoshop isn't enough: why do photogs use both.
and what's the dif between an "action" and a "preset"? (I use actions currently)

OK, enough rambling for the day.
Sorry for the scatterbrained post today, lil Miss Busy is quite the Busy Bee today and I haven't been able to complete the simplest thoughts or tasks because of near constant requests for milk or book reading or building legos and whatnot.

0 comments: